Jesus speaking to the church –
“Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them” (Matt 18:19-20)
I like this list of what happens when we pray:
The Bible gives numerous illustrations. Here is a partial list:
• God’s people are revived (2Ch 30:21-26).
• God hears from heaven (2Ch 30:27).
• God reveals secrets (Dan 2:17-19).
• Lives are saved, delivered from unreasonable and wicked men (Dan 2:24; Est 4:16).
• Ungodly men acknowledge god’s greatness (Dan 2:47).
• God answers the request (Matt 18:19).
• Jesus is in the midst (Matt 18:20).
• God appoints and enables leaders (Acts 1:14,24; 6:6; 13:2-3).
• God’s Holy Spirit descends, infills, and empowers (Acts 2:1-4).
• God shows His earthshaking power (Acts 4:31).
• God’s Spirit fills His messengers with boldness (Acts 4:31; Eph 6:18-20).
• God sends His angel (Luke 1:10; Acts 12:5-11).
• God answers beyond what we could ask or think (Acts 12:12-15).
• Hearts are opened (Acts 16:13-14).
• Captives are freed (Acts 16:25-34).
• The church is unified (Rom 15:31).
• God’s servants are refreshed (Rom 15:32).
• Bodies and souls are healed (Jas 5:14-16).
1 Corinthians 14:26 ESV
What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up…..